Trains staff to recognise the signs and symptoms of a stroke and to outline the subsequent physical and psychological support individual clients may require.
- Define what a stroke is and the main causes.
- Identify the symptoms of a stroke.
- Understand how some strokes can be prevented through lifestyle changes.
- Understand the challenges living with a stroke might present.
- Recognise the role of the person centred approach in covering for people living with a stroke.
- Types of stroke.
- Emergency action (*F*A*S*T).
- Who might be at risk?
- Lifestyle change to prevent.
- Medical treatment to prevent re-occurrence.
- The care package.
- Maintaining good posture in stroke patients.
- Dysphagia awareness.
- Effective communication.