The course provides participants with the theoretical knowledge and practical skills whilst supporting them working through various scenarios using real life situations. Due to the practical element of the course, we are sorry to to have to limit the number of participants to a maximum of 9 per course.
Also due to the nature of the Safe Handling of People course the trainer will require access to a profile bed, bed sheets and a mobile hoist, which needs to have a Declaration of Conformity.
- Carry out risk assessments (TILEE).
- Recognise and use principles of movement.
- Carry out transfers using handling equipment.
- Carry out transfers without handling equipment.
- Understand the principles of hoisting.
- Prepare an individual for transfer using a sling.
- Recap on previous knowledge eg Legislation.
- Risk assessment (T.I.L.E.E).
- Principles of movement.
- Use of a handling belt.
- Use of a slide sheet.
- Principles of hoisting.
- Inserting a sling.
- Practical problem solving.
Face-to-face: 6 hours