Promoting awareness of each worker’s responsibilities with regard to maintaining Health & Safety in both the working and living environments.
- Understand their own responsibilities and the responsibilities of others for health and safety at work.
- Understand the use of risk assessments for health and safety purposes.
- Understand how to respond to accidents and sudden illnesses.
- Be aware of how to move and handle equipment and other objects safely.
- Be aware of how to handle hazardous substances and materials.
- Understand how to promote fire safety in a work setting.
- The Health & Safety at Work Act (1974).
- Regulations explored & explained.
- The employees role.
- Enforcement procedures.
- Job-related hazards.
- Risk assessment.
- Accident prevention.
- Preventing ill health.