Promoting awareness of diabetes including the different types, common medical complications and the provision of care.
- Recognise the signs and symptoms.
- Differentiate between type 1 and type 2.
- Know the basic care and treatment for diabetics.
- Know the role of a carer supporting people with the condition.
- Understand the complications associated with diabetes.
- What is diabetes?
- Signs and symptoms.
- Who is at risk?
- Your role as a carer.
- Treatment regimes.
- A balanced diet.
- A healthy lifestyle.
- Common medical problems.