Promoting an awareness of the causes and how to use communication as a tool to reduce them. The aim of this course is to help you to understand what challenging behaviour is, who it affects and how you can reduce your clients’ likelihood of being harmed by their own actions or the actions of others.
- Identify behaviours that can be challenging.
- Recognise why people behave in ways that are challenging.
- Recognise how behaviour can be misinterpreted.
- Identify strategies to reduce challenging behaviour.
- Causes of challenging behaviour.
- Effects of carers and the care setting on behaviour.
- Behavioural symptoms of dementia.
- Respecting personal boundaries.
- Effective communication.
- Investigating and reducing.