This course is aimed at people who assist wheelchair users. The focus of the course is to provide learners with the practical skills to safely use a wheelchair, check for faults and carry out a TILEE risk assessment. The course enables learners to
assess wheelchair users and the surrounding environment as well as how to use the wheelchair correctly so that you can assist and support your clients safely.
- Recognise legislation relating to wheelchairs.
- Identify pre-user checks.
- Identify the principles of movement.
- Understand TILEE risk assessment.
- Recognise safety in the use of wheelchairs.
- Perform pre-user checks for wheelchair use.
- Carry out risk assessments (RA) (TILEE).
- Carrying out transfers.
- Safety in use.
- How to ensure the stability of wheelchairs.