Provides an awareness of moving and handling theory and practice and is an ideal introduction to a vast subject area. Should you require a more advanced level of Moving & Handling please refer to our Safe Handling of People and Moving People Safely for Mentors/Tutors.
- Recognise the legislation involved in moving and handling.
- Identify the structure of the spine and the causes of back pain.
- Carry out a risk assessment for a moving and handling task.
- Identify the principles of movement.
- Recognise some simple movement transfers.
- Identify the need for good communication.
- Current legislation explained.
- Employer’s responsibility.
- Employee’s responsibilities.
- Issues with the care of service users.
- Anatomy & physiology of the spine.
- Principles of effective movement (practical exercises).
- Effective communication.
- Risk assessments.