To raise awareness of Autism, understand the social, emotional and physical challenges individuals may face and recognise ways in which they can be supported.
- What is Autism.
- Causes of Autism and Misconceptions.
- How people with Autism see the world.
- The Autism Spectrum.
- The Three Social areas of difficulty.
- Person centred care.
- Strategies to support those living with Autism.
- Understand how to identify Autism.
- Recognise the common sensory differences experienced by people who have autism.
- Recognise appropriate communication skills when supporting a person with Autism.
- Identify ways to work in partnership with friends and families to support individuals.
- Recognise how to support individuals to develop social skills.
- Identify how to support individuals with Autism to cope with transitions or difficult events.
- Support individuals on the Autistic spectrum in a person centred way.