This course will outline why it is important that care staff are aware of what pressure sores are, how to treat them and why it is important to try and implement procedures that halt any potential development of pressure sores.
- Recognise a pressure sore.
- Identify causes of pressure sores.
- Know how to prevent pressure sores
- Identify a person at risk of developing pressure sores.
- Understand how pressure sores should be treated and recognise the complications.
- Causes and prevention of pressure sores.
- Recognising pressure sores.
- Treatment and complications
- Legislation and documentation.