This course is aimed at people who have completed our Safe Handling of People course to ensure they are competent in the knowledge and practical elements of moving people safely.
The course will show them how to pass on their practical skills and techniques acquired to enable others to become competent. It will not teach basic moving & handling principles as it will be assumed each participant already have knowledge and experience from having done our Safe Handling of People course.
The Moving People Safely for Mentors and Tutors course will include instruction on how to use the principles of moving and handling manual. There will be an additional cost to buy the Distance Learning manual and annual subscription.
Please speak to us for more details about the Distance Learning Manual that can accompany this course. Maximum of 6 participants per course.
- Identify the legislation affecting provision of activities
- Health and safety aspects of activity planning
- Understand the importance of activities in day to day routine
- Recognise how activities enhance all areas of a clients health and welfare
- Recognise the need for person centred activities
- A demonstration of how the distance learning manual works to complement the practical.
- Look at learning styles.
- Supporting the use of risk assessment (T.I.L.E.E).
- Demonstrating Principles of movement.
- Imparting practical skills.
- Demonstrating Principles of hoisting.
- Devising an individual learning plan.
Face-to-face: 6 hours