Provide an awareness of controlling infection and how to maintain a healthy, safe environment, reducing risks for all clients.
- Understand legislation relating to infection control.
- Recognise how cross infection can occur.
- Identify policies and procedures covering all areas of infection control.
- Identify factors that increase the likelihood of infection.
- Understand how to prevent the spread of infection.
- Why infection control is essential.
- An increased risk?
- Cross infection.
- Personal hygiene (practical demonstration).
- Barrier nursing technique.
- Best housekeeping practice.