The aim of this epilepsy awareness course is to provide awareness of epilepsy and understand the particular challenges, physical, emotional and social, individuals may face.
- Recognise the characteristics of epilepsy.
- Recognise the types of seizure.
- Identify the triggers of seizure.
- Identify strategies for managing epilepsy.
- What is epilepsy?
- What are seizures?
- Signs and symptoms of different types of seizure.
- Care of the client during and after seizures.
- Emergency treatment for seizures.
- Treatment and control of the condition.
- Safety verses quality of life.
- Challenging stigma.