This short course is intended to give learners an overview of legal responsibilities in the workplace; the Acts and Regulations referred to are not represented in full.
The course has been designed to be completed before starting any of the other Redcrier training courses, as the legislation is relevant to all statutory training.
- An understanding of the legislation that affects your employment in a social care setting.
- Health & Safety at Work Act 1974.
- The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999.
- Health & Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.
- Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations (R.I.D.D.O.R.) 2013.
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (C.O.S.H.H) 2002.
- Health & Safety (Consultation with Employees) Regulations 1996.
- Personal Protective Equipment Regulations 2002.
- Moving and Handling Operations Regulations (MHOR) 1992 as amended 2002.
- Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations (LOLER) 1998.
- The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER).
- The Human Rights Act 1998.
- The Data Protection Act 2018.