This full-day course is intended to provide selected staff with the knowledge and practical skills required to assist designated first aiders when dealing with common trauma and medical emergencies. This course has been designed for up to 9 delegates.
- Understand first aid legislation.
- Carry out an initial assessment of a casualty.
- Carry out CPR and Rescue breaths.
- Recognise and deal with a choking casualty.
- Recognise and deal with a person in shock.
- Manage bleeding, burns and scalds.
- Dealing with an unconscious person.
- Recognise the need to prevent cross infection.
- Recognise the need to keep themselves safe
- Keeping yourself safe.
- Your legal responsibilities.
- Cross infection.
- Monitoring signs & symptoms in casualties.
- Treatment for shock.
- Unconscious casualty.
- Recovery position (practical test).
- CPR (practical test).
- Wounds and wound dressing.
6 hours, face-to-face