Display Screen Equipment (DSE) is becoming an increasing part of working life. Anyone who uses DSE regularly is known as a DSE user.
There are increasing numbers of people developing health problems associated with regular DSE use.
Care professionals are making more use of technology to help them provide, record and report on the care of their clients.
This course is designed to give staff who use DSE regularly an understanding of the associated risks and how to reduce these.
Display screen equipment training is a legal requirement for anyone who regularly uses it.
- Understand what is meant by Display Screen Equipment and a DSE user
- Understand the legislation governing DSE use within the workplace
- Have knowledge of how to arrange the working environment, workstation, and equipment
- Know how to maintain good posture while working with DSE, the importance of adjusting furniture and when to take breaks
- Understand the risks associated with frequent DSE use and what is required within a DSE risk assessment
What Is Display Screen Equipment?
Why Is Training Needed?
The Workstation Assessment
Setting Up A Workstation
Preventing Possible Problems
Homeworking & Other Considerations