Our Death, Dying & Bereavement (Palliative Care) training is intended to help staff explore their own experiences and/or concerns within a supportive palliative care framework which outlines the basic principles for delivering palliative care and for coping in the period immediately following bereavement.
- Understand the requirements to protect the rights of individuals at the end of life.
- Understand factors affecting end of life care.
- Know how to provide support to individuals and key people during end of life care.
- Understand how to access support for the individual or key people.
- Know the action to take following the death of an individual.
- Communication skills.
- Assessing needs & preferences.
- Advanced care planning.
- Symptom control.
- Record keeping.
Course time: 3 hours, face-to-face