Providing an awareness of safe working practices in the handling of food and understanding the consequences of poor standards regarding the principles of food hygiene & safety.
- Understand the legislation relating to food handlers.
- Understand the different types of bacteria to cause food poisoning.
- Identify how to keep bacteria at a safe level.
- Identify safety requirements when preparing serving and storing food and drink.
- Recognise the importance of maintaining hygiene when preparing, serving and storing food and drink.
- Who is a food handler?
- Personal hygiene.
- The Food Safety Act (1990).
- Safe preparation & storage of food.
- Who is at risk?
- Best working practice.
Face-to-face: 3 Hours
e-learning: 1 Hour 10 Mins