Provides an awareness of moving and handling theory and practice and is an ideal introduction to a vast subject area. Should you require a more advanced level of Moving & Handling please refer to our Safe Handling of People & Moving People Safely for Mentors/Tutors.
- Recognise the legislation involved in moving and handling.
- Identify the structure of the spine and the causes of back pain.
- Carry out a risk assessment for a moving and handling task.
- Identify the principles of movement.
- Recognise some simple movement transfers.
- Identify the need for good communication.
- Current legislation explained.
- Employer’s responsibility.
- Employee’s responsibilities.
- Issues with the care of service users.
- Anatomy & physiology of the spine.
- Principles of effective movement (practical exercises).
- Effective communication.
- Risk assessments.
Does NOT include training in the use of hoists, stand aids etc.
If you require your staff to use hoists, stand aids etc, please see our Safe Handling of People.
Face-to-face: 3 Hours
e-learning: 1 Hour 10 Mins