How to recognise a client may be under nourished. The relevant preventative action to maintain dietry requirements.
- To provide an overview of good nutrition and hydration.
- Identify the elements of a balanced diet.
- Identify the causes and consequences of malnutrition and dehydration.
- Be able to identify and assess the potential of malnutrition using the Malnutrition Universal Screen Tool (MUST).
- Be aware of the ways to prevent or treat malnutrition / dehydration.
- Know when to refer to specialist support – G.P. etc.
- Signs and symptoms of malnutrition.
- Risk factors.
- Screening tool for malnutrition.
- Improving diet.
- Eating / feeding challenges.
Face-to-face: 3 Hours