This full-day course is intended to provide selected staff with the knowledge and practical skills required to assist designated first aiders when dealing with common trauma and medical emergencies.
- Understand first aid legislation.
- Carry out an initial assessment of a casualty.
- Carry out CPR and Rescue breaths.
- Recognise and deal with a choking casualty.
- Recognise and deal with a person in shock.
- Manage bleeding, burns and scalds.
- Dealing with an unconscious person.
- Recognise the need to prevent cross infection.
- Recognise the need to keep themselves safe
- Keeping yourself safe.
- Your legal responsibilities.
- Cross infection.
- Monitoring signs & symptoms in casualties.
- Treatment for shock.
- Unconscious casualty.
- Recovery position (practical test).
- CPR (practical test).
- Wounds and wound dressing.
Face-to-face: 6 Hours