Dignity and Respect are key factors in ensuring good practice underpins all aspects of your work. Dignity has become an important part of government policy and underpins the regulations outlined in the Care Quality Commissions (CQC) Mission Statement (October 2010). This course aims to give you an overview of the importance of Dignity and Respect and how you can ensure you and your colleagues apply them in all of your dealings with others.
- Understand how the people you support might feel when they are not treated with Dignity and Respect
- Identify best practice when providing services.
- Recognise why inappropriate staff attitudes and practices must be challenged
- Understand the ten key aspects of the Department of Health’s Dignity Challenge
- The Common Core Principles of Dignity
- Defining Dignity and Respect
- Barriers to providing Dignity and Respect
- Good practice in promoting Dignity and Respect
- The Dignity Challenge
Face-to-face: 3 Hours