Promoting awareness of the means by which clients can be encouraged to eat a healthy diet and the need for staff to monitor and record daily intake.
- Know how to support individuals to make choices about food and drink.
- Know the principles of a balanced diet.
- Understand diet & nutrition guidelines.
- Understand how to promote diet & nutrition in health and social care settings.
- A balanced diet.
- The need for nutrition.
- Person-centred catering.
- Monitoring food intake.
- Safe food handling practice.
Face-to-face: 3 Hours
e-learning: 1 Hour 10 Mins