To raise awareness of the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) in the workplace. Many substances used or created at work can cause harm to people in the workplace. Chemicals, micro organisms, dusts, gases or fumes, for example, may cause allergy, infection or be poisonous. If contact with all of these potentially harmful substances is controlled the risk of them causing harm is reduced.
- An understanding of how substances can harm health.
- An understanding of exposure.
- An understanding of exposure skills necessary to conduct COSHH Risk Assessments.
- Greater understanding of practical control measures and safe systems of work.
- An understanding of the laws surrounding the control of substances hazardous to health.
- Explanation of control of substances hazardous to health.
- Identify the differing ways of identifying Hazardous Substances.
- Demonstrate various methods of minimising the risks due to Hazardous Substances.
Face-to-Face: 3 Hours
e-learning: 1 Hour 10 Mins
Delivery styles available