To raise awareness of the different types of dementia and gain an understanding of how clients can be supported.
- Identification the different types.
- Understand the different factors that make up an individual and how these maybe affected.
- Recognise behaviour to avoid when dealing with an adult living with the condition.
- Recognise communication difficulties that may occur.
- Understand how the person centred approach can enable the carers to be more responsive in the care they provide.
- Types of dementia.
- Diagnosing the condition.
- Associated behavioural, communication and health problems.
- Emphasising best practice.
- Promoting independence.
Face-to-face: 3 Hours
e-learning: 1 Hour 10 Mins