To provide awareness of how to support the use of medication, including administering, storing and recording.
- Understand the legislative framework for the use of medication in social care settings.
- Know about common types of medication and their use.
- Understand roles and responsibilities in the use of medicines.
- Understand techniques for administering medication.
- Know how to receive, store and dispose of medication supplies safely.
- Know how to promote the rights of the individual when managing medication.
- Understand how to support use of medication.
- Know how to record
- Your legal responsibilities.
- Recording, monitoring & reporting.
- Keeping accurate documents.
- Types of medication.
- Methods of administration.
- Side-effects and other issues.
- Natural does not mean safe.
Face-to-face: 3 Hours
e-learning: 1 Hour 10 Mins